Tool to Fix Corrupt Microsoft Outlook OST File
OST is the abbreviation of Offline Storage Table, which is used by MS Outlook. MS Outlook is an email based extraordinary application which allows you to work even if server is facing down. Its only OST file which stores all offline works and synchronize those when internet connection is re-established. OST file is stored on your local system. But there are some limitations of OST file. It can’t be open by individual Outlook application. You can only open OST file as long as the account which it belongs to is still configured in Outlook.
Outlook OST files are prone to easily get corrupted or damaged due to various known and unknown reasons. Even a minor change or corruption may make the complete OST file unreadable. In such situations, the Outlook data stored in OST files is refused to open even by Microsoft Outlook email client. You can use inbuilt ScanPST.exe tool to fix corrupt Outlook OST file. But Outlook inbuilt tool ScanPST.exe having some limitations it can fix only minor corrupted OST files. If inbuilt tool also fails to fix corrupt Outlook OST file, then you can use Fix Damaged tool which is specially designed to fix corrupt Outlook OST file. Besides of repairing Outlook OST file, you can use this efficient tool to fix Outlook 2013 PST file including all predecessor versions of Outlook.
Scenarios due to which OST file may get corrupted:
- Abnormal Termination: While working with OST file, if Microsoft Outlook application terminated abnormally due to any software or hardware error then it leads to corruption of OST file and make unable you to access Outlook data stored in it.
- Virus Attack: Virus is unwanted programs which try to change files and programs on local system. As OST file is stored in your computer it may attacked by viruses and get modified. As it is a sensitive file even slightly change make whole PST file inaccessible.
- Incompatibility: OST file created on older version of Outlook may refuse to open while trying to open it with newer MS Outlook. If you will try to open it again and again it may get damaged.
- Upgrading MS Outlook: Upgrading MS Outlook application to get benefit of enhanced features is common, but upgrading will lead to rewrite OST file, sometime it hides old OST file and lead to corruption of OST file.
- Unreliable Converter Tool: Sometimes converting OST file to PST becomes essential which can be done by converter tools. Performing such operation with any unreliable tool may lead to corruption of OST file.
- Transferring or Downloading Errors: Downloading broken or incomplete OST files and transferring Outlook files in a wrong fashion can cause corruption of OST files.
Feature of Fix Damaged Tool
Fix Damaged tool is read only software which is designed to fix corrupt Microsoft Outlook OST file without any modification on original OST file while performing repair MS OST file operation. It is developed with advanced technology and thus besides fixing OST file it can be used to fix corrupted PST files. It repairs OST file created on MS Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000. After fixing corrupt OST file it creates new OST file in 2003-2010 formats which can easily imported by any version of Outlook. Thus you this tool will help you to open Outlook data file which are refusing to open due to corrupted OST or PST file. It is smart enough to fix password protected OST and PST files without any hassle. After repairing OST file it provides you real time preview of Outlook data by using Outlook style browser view. It can be used efficiently where inbuilt ScanPST.exe denied fixing corrupt OST file. After fixing you can save new healthy OST file to any storage device.
Steps to repair damaged Outlook OST file using Fix Damaged tool:
Step 1: Download and Install trail version of the software on your system. After launching choose any one of the three options from “Open PST File” if you know the exact file location, “Find PST File” to search for the corrupt or damaged PST file and “Select Outlook Profile” to open a particular Outlook PST file if you have multiple accounts to repair damaged Outlook OST file.
Fig1: Main Screen
Step 2: Choose the appropriate scanning method and then, Browse for the destination storage location and click “Repair” to perform Outlook OST file repairing process.
Fig2: Select Scanning Method
Step 3: After finishing the repairing process, the software displays the repaired Outlook OST file along with its contents.
Fig3: Preview Screen
Safe and Secure